Take the example of a customer moving back to the UK from Canada who transferred CAD $560,000 into GBP at the 0.5232 rate we quoted them. They received CAD $293,009 from us, while their bank's offer of 0.4929 would have meant they received £16,968 less.
Here is what you need to do:
Go online, and accept our terms and conditions, or do it by completing the paper copy. If you live in the UK (or in certain other countries), we can usually verify your identity electronically. If we cannot do this, we'll ask you for a copy of your passport or driving licence, plus a copy of a bank or credit card statement or utility bill sent to you in the last three months.
Through Bank of Ireland Global Payment's easy to use online platform, you can fix a rate and book a trade, manage payments and beneficiaries and view live statements whenever it suits you.
Sterling, US dollars or Euros
Once we have received your funds, we will usually make the payment on the same day. It should arrive fully cleared at your bank on the same day, though it might take until the next working day for the beneficiary bank to credit the account.
From the time we receive your payment, please allow between one and four days for your funds to reach the recipient. The precise time will depend on the currency, so while Swedish Kroner could be done in a day, East Caribbean Dollars could take four.
If it is important that your funds arrive by a certain date, we will provide information and advice for the country you are sending funds to.
Rates quoted by us onlineThe rates you see quoted through our online system are linked to the live foreign exchange market, so when the markets are open, the rates will be constantly updating on our site. The rates will continue to fluctuate up until the moment you accept a rate and book your transaction. The foreign exchange markets are closed between 22:00 on Fridays and 20:15 on Sundays - during these times, the rate will not change, having been set at the end of Friday.
- Our award-winning customer service - via a dedicated personal account manager, and we pick up every call in three rings
- Our best in class online platform makes it easy to manage your international payments online, whenever it suits you
- We do not charge any fees for private customers making personal transfers
- Europe - IBAN and SWIFT
- Canada - account number, SWIFT and Transit code
- Australia - account number, SWIFT or BSB code
- New Zealand - account number, 6 digit bank code and SWIFT
- USA - account number, ABA routing number or SWIFT
- UK - account number and sort code or SWIFT and IBAN
- India - account number, SWIFT, IFSC number and reason for transfer
- China - account number and SWIFT
- Mexico - account number, (Clabe no.), and SWIFT
For more information on other countries, please contact us.